Monday, October 24, 2011

DODGE OR NOT TO DODGE, A BAD QUESTION WITH A GOOD ANSWER

Well being one of the kids that excelled with motor development at an early age, I must say that dodge ball was my favorite game in grade school, but I as a future PE Educator, I agree with the hall of shame because elimination games aren’t beneficial to the children that need a challenge to improved motor development and the ones that need physical activity and help developing motor skills.
I must say that games like dodge ball, kickball, duck-duck-goose and etc. can be fun, but these games lack a few goals we should have for our students such as teaching proper movement, building the confidence of students for long-term involvement in physical activity/wellness, helping students gain bone density, and many other aspects that the physical education curriculum has lost. Therefore I end this post by saying NO DODGE BALL.
http://images.wikia.com/recess/images/a/a4/El_Diablo_2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment